When you don’t have a plan what to make for a dinner and you don’t want to put too much effort in, this is one delicious and easy recipe. I don’t even know how to call it, to be honest. Pizza cake? Maybe?? You tell me 🙂
- frozen dough (I’ve got a sweeter dough that in the end result made a nice balance to the savory filling). Or, if you are into real cooking mood, make your own dough and experiment with different tastes.
- 300g of spinach (I used frozen one, surely fresh one would taste even better)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 150g of mushrooms (you can choose any kind, maybe even vary a bit), halved
- 200g of baby corn (mine came in marinade. added some spice to the filling)
- 300g of chicken fillet, cut in pieces, marinated in various spices (mine were: salt, pepper, bit of soy sauce, mixed herbs and mild curry)
- 100g of soy cooking cream (or use a real one if you prefer)
- 1tbsp of cornstarch, mixed with water
- olive oil for cooking
How to make a pizza cake?
- heat up oven to 180 degrees C, put the dough in the cake form and put it in the oven for 20 minutes, letting it become almost crisp
- meanwhile heat the oil, in the pan, add garlic and spinach and cook for 5 to 7 minutes (frozen ones took 10 minutes)
- add baby corn and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- add mushrooms, spice them up and cook for 5 minutes
- add marinated chicken and cook until it’s ready (took me about 6 minutes)
- then add cream, mix it all well together, add cornstarch, 2 minutes on the fire and the filling is done
- by now (or even around the time when you add chicken to your mixture) your dough should be ready, fill it with filling (leaving it in the same cake form) and put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes but this time on 170 degrees C.
And that’s it. It was my dinner that I went and took a second piece of. Wish you the same! 🙂