It’s strange how sometimes out of the blue you crave something from your childhood. You just have to have it. Today I let myself follow one of those cravings and made myself sauteed cabbage with grilled sausage.
Absolutely will not put this on a healthy food shelf but you know what, from time to time not healthy is what you need ;)) If at some point you would like to know how food in Soviet times tasted, here is the simple recipe for sauteed cabbage (grilling a sausage doesn’t ask for a lot of instructions ;))
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 stock cube
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Tomato paste (or even ketchup will do)
- Olive oil
How to do it
- Sautee onions in oil, until soft
- Add shreaded cabbage and all the spices, sautee for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add water almost covering the cabbage and sautee for approximately 20minutes
- Add tomato paste (or ketchup) and adjust seasoning if needs be.
- Sautee for another 20 minutes (around this time all the water should be gone) and serve.