Now it has been over a week that heating at my home doesn’t work. Yes, works are foreseen, but as the insurance is involved, everything takes more time. Meanwhile I heat everything up by baking. Recipe for this delicious cake is as simple as it can be. And even though the kitchen during baking looks like a war zone, I am more than happy with the result.
You will need:
- baking dish, oiled
- 250gr of your favorite berries (I used blackberries and red currant)
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, deseeded, grated
- 250g flour
- 200g sugar
- 8g baking powder
- 3g salt
- 45g melted butter/margarine or tasteless oil
- 155ml milk
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
What you do:
- Heat up the oven up to 175 degrees C
- Gather all your ingredients (every single time I ask myself how this step can take SO much time!)
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients together. It is always better to sift them to achieve the smoothest consistency of the mixture.
- Then add all the liquid ingredients and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in your berries and apple.
- Pour everything in the baking dish, put it in the oven for 35 minutes (check if the cake is ready by putting toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it is ready).
And there you go, ready to be eaten!!
If you want to go an extra step to the sweet side, go ahead and make a glaze for the cake: 250sugar+a bit of milk+1/2tsp of vanilla extract mixed together.