I find that lots of times the best food in my kitchen is born when I just look at what I have home and decide how to put the ingredients together. This is an extremely easy recipe that I made for a lunch with a friend (I dare to say that this would be a crowd pleaser), it can be prepared in advance and can be served warm or cold. Warning: you will want more of this 🙂
What I found and used for this recipe (for 2)
- 50g of quinoa
- half a cucumber, peeled, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, diced
- 20g of pine nuts
- handful of coriander leaves
- leftover of my home made pesto
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- bit of olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cook quinoa according to the packet instructions (you’ll need approximately 15min). I added veggie stock cube to the water for some extra taste.
- While quinoa is cooking, cut all your veggies and put in a bowl.
- In a pan roast pine nuts until they are golden brown. That takes about 5min. Add to the bowl with veggies.
- After that in the same pan add olive oil, shrimp and pesto. Cook until shrimp are pink and curly. And to your taste of course. Add to the veggies.
- Drain quinoa, add it to your other ingredients, drizzle with some olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste and serve!