I like to think of myself as organized person. I have my rituals to manage everything on time and sometimes even before that. Little did I know that having a child will challenge this assumption of mine. Now, several months into my motherhood, around the dinnertime I have realized that I am finishing my son’s fruit puree and having a sandwich or a snack for dinner. Me?! Who was enjoying the cooking and having it as a part of a daily meditative ritual??
Realization of this made me think that there must be an easy way to tackle this. So, here comes the recipe that made the dinnertime enjoyable again (and yes, it was done whilst playing silly games with Seppe).
What I used for 2 persons
- ~100g pearl barley
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of tuna in oil
- good handful of coriander
- pickled onions+pickling liquid
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
And here is “how to”
- heat you oven to 180-190 degrees. put the tomatoes and sliced fennel in an oven-proof pan, add some olive oil, salt and pepper and in the oven it goes for around 20 minutes
- meanwhile boil the pearl barley
- and chop the coriander
- when all the ingredients seem ready in the oven/on the stove, put them all together in a bowl, add the tuna, pickled onions (quantity depends on how much you like the pickled taste) + the pickling liquid, a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, some salt and pepper and….. THAT’S IT!
Exactly that simple it is. And extremely delicious. Try it. Honestly! 🙂