I call them that because the reason to make them was a brainstorming at work. Due to some constraints we were having it @9am and I thought that some sugar kick could help release the creativity. And it did, indeed! If you too have a reason to bake (or really, who needs a reason to have some good cookies), here is my recipe.
Ingredients (made around 50 thin cookies):
- 225 grams softened (I usually melt) butter
- 200g white sugar
- 220g brown sugar
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 250g flour
- 5g baking soda
- 6g salt
- 3g cinnamon powder
- 245g quick cooking oats
Step by step:
- mix together butter and both sugars until you have a soft dough. integrate eggs, then vanilla.
- in a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, except oats, and then add them to the butter mixture. combine well.
- add the oats, mix thoroughly and let it set for 1h in the fridge
- line cooking pans with baking paper and heat oven to 190C
- take a small piece of the dough and form small balls (walnut size), sit them on the pans, approximately 5cm apart. This is important as the cookies will expand while cooking.
- take a fork and push on each of the balls, forming a cookie
- bake for 10 minutes and allow cookies to cool before removing/eating them
There you go. Great cookies for any occasion. I know I will be making them again!