It’s weekend and I am home with my little one. Our usual routine has started by waking up at 6.30, having breakfast, cleaning up the after breakfast mess, changing into some clean clothes, me trying to do some stretches (appreciated by the little one and the cat. and by appreciated I mean, getting on top of me whenever they can) and then Seppe really wants to help me with things. That is when I decided that we are going to make these uber-delicious apple muffins. The result for this recipe is always great and you will want to make them again.
To make 24 muffins you’ll need
- muffin pan
- muffin paper liners
- 250g flour
- 200g white sugar (if you want them to be less sweet, use brown sugar)
- 115g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3g baking powder and salt
- 2g baking soda
- a pinch of cinnamon (max 2g i’d say)
- a bit of vanilla extract
- 4 sweet apples, peeled, cored and grated (grating is important to have the muffins moist and equally distributed).
- Prepare all the ingredients, line the muffin pan with the paper liners, heat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a larger bowl mix together sugar, butter and eggs until smooth.
- Combine ingredients from both bowls, then add vanilla and apples.
- Distribute the mixture in the muffin pan (I use the ice-cream scoop, really good for keeping it clean and having the same measurement for each muffin) and in the oven it goes.
- After 20 minutes it should be ready. To check if that’s true, put a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- I know this step is not easy but you will need to rest the muffins for 5-10 minutes before eating. But after that: enjoy and share with your friends!